There’s not many things I dislike about riding a bike. But #1, without a doubt, is Magpie season. That swooping sound approximately 1 second before they hit the back of your helmet gives me the heebie geebies. I’ve tried everything and anything to distract them from using my head as a run way….without luck.
So my only advice is simple. Dodge them! Enter the Wanganui Map of Magpies. Feel free to message below if you come across any of our dive bombing friends and I will be sure to add them to the map.
- Gordons Bush – Gordon Park Rd
- Number 2 Line, just past Okoia Hill Turnoff heading to Fordell
- Montgomery Road, just before Sandcroft Drive
- SH4 just after River Road heading towards Wanganui
- Wanganui to Hunterville on Mangahoe Rd