The Electra Townie® 7D is the best-selling bike in the US for a reason. It’s stylish, simple, fun and the perfect recreational bike. Our patented Flat Foot Technology® frame provides an upright seating position that lets you see the world better and plant your feet flat on the ground whenever you want, setting the standard in comfort and control.
It’s right for you if…
You’re looking for a fun, quality bike that is both comfortable and stylish. Or maybe it’s your first time riding since being a kid. Or you just want to get outside on two wheels more. With our patented Flat Foot Technology®, you’ll experience the comfort and control of our unique frame geometry in great colours to choose from.
The tech you get
Shimano Revo twist shifter provides a smooth transition through 7 gears, allowing you to climb hills with ease. Linear-pull brakes control deceleration for easy stopping and Bontrager 26″ tyres roll smooth for a cushy ride. Internal cable routing, water bottle mounts and platform pedals round out the ride.
The final word
The Townie® 7D continues to be the best-selling bike in America for a reason. Once you ride a Townie, everything else is just a bike. It provides the utmost in comfort, style and quality. Take a test ride and feel the Electra difference. With a variety of bold colours to choose from and features that will help you go the distance, the Townie Collection offers something for everyone.
Why you’ll love it
- Bontrager 26″ tyres with a puncture-resistant casing roll smooth and stable over most surfaces.
- Linear-pull brakes help control your roll with easy-stopping.
- Enjoy the ride on our cushy, ergonomic and shock absorbent elastomer saddle.
- Enjoy as-is, or personalise your ride with Electra accessories and make it your own with mudguards, a basket or bell.
Why we won’t ship unbuilt Trek bikes
Due to warranty regulations, Trek bikes must be assembled by a qualified bike mechanic in an approved store. This is an international policy for Trek bikes. Therefore, any Trek Bicycle purchased online must be picked up from Velo Ronny’s or contact us for further options.
- Townie 6061-T6 aluminium w/patented Flat Foot Technology®
- High-tensile steel unicrown, straight/tapered leg
- Front hub
- Alloy low-flange 32h w/QR
- Rear hub
- Alloy low flange 32h w/QR
- Double-wall alloy 26″×32h painted w/machined sidewalls (select models)
- Bontrager E6 Hard-Case Lite 26×2.00″ w/reflective stripe
- Shimano Revo 7-speed twist w/optical gear display
- Rear derailleur
- Shimano Tourney TX-35 7-speed
- Forged alloy 170 mm w/steel 44t chainring w/double chain guards
- Bottom bracket
- Sealed cartridge 68 mm/118mm
- 7-speed 14-34t
- KMC Z7 nickel plated
- Resin platform w/non-slip tread
- Ergonomic w/shock-absorbing elastomers
- Alloy 27.2×350 mm
- Alloy custom bend 25.9″ width/4″ rise
- Electra hand-stitched
- Forged alloy 25.4 mm quill, 80 mm extension
- Head set
- 1 1/8″ steel threaded, semi-integrated
- Brake set
- Front/rear: cold-forged alloy linear-pull
- Internal cable routing, painted chain guard, and stainless steel and anti-rust hardware
- 14.51 kg / 32 lbs
- Weight limit
- This bike has a maximum total weight limit (combined weight of bicycle, rider and cargo) of 136 kg (300 lb).