Teaching and learning to ride is a breeze with the Precaliber 16 Coaster Brake. It has a handle built into the saddle so you can guide while they ride, and tool-free training wheels that are super easy to install and remove. It’s a great fit for kids aged 4-5, between 39–46˝ (99–117 cm) tall.
It’s finally time to teach your little one to ride! You want to make it a great memory, so you’re looking for a bike that’s comfortable, durable and fun. Simplicity is key, and you want to be able to pop off the stabilisers easily when the time is right.
This kid-friendly bike has a handle integrated right into the saddle so you can help guide your child while they ride, plus a coaster brake and tool-less training wheels that can be installed and removed at the turn of a dial. Plus, the lightweight aluminium frame is easy to manoeuvre.
You want to make sure that your child’s first bike is comfortable, durable and fun. Each of our bikes, all the way down to the smallest size, is built to our highest standards, so you can feel confident when you choose Trek for your family.
- This bike is a memory-maker: seeing your child ride their bike for the first time is something you’ll never forget
- This bike is hand-me-down heaven: it’s built to last, so younger siblings can inherit this bike and it’ll still feel like new
- Investing in a kids’ bike from an established bike brand is worth it – Trek kids’ bikes are designed and assembled by people who know bikes
- You can replace the saddle’s integrated handle with an integrated light mount when your child starts adventuring on their own
- Like all Precaliber bikes, the frame is lower so it’s easier for kids to stand over and hop on and off
Why we won’t ship unbuilt Trek bikes
Due to warranty regulations, Trek bikes must be assembled by a qualified bike mechanic in an approved store. This is an international policy for Trek bikes. Therefore, any Trek Bicycle purchased online must be picked up from Velo Ronny’s or contact us for further options.
||Alpha Silver Aluminium, 16″ kids’ frame size
||Steel, 16″, threadless 1″ steerer
||Steel, 100 mm bolt-on
||Coaster brake, 18T, 120 mm bolt-on
||Alloy 16″, 28-hole, Schrader valve
||Bontrager XR1, wire bead, 27 tpi, 16×2.25″
|Max tyre size
||Alloy, 26T steel ring, chainguard, 89 mm length
||Square taper, 68 mm, sealed cartridge
||Kids’ Satellite, 9/16 thread
|Max. chainring size
||Kids’ padded, integrated seat post, with handle
||Kids’ steel, 25.4 mm clamp, 80 mm rise, 500 mm width
||Kids’ grip, 107 mm width
||Bontrager Approved alloy, 25.4 mm clamp, 15-degree rise, 50 mm
||Adjustable ball bearing
||Training Wheel Trek Adjustable 12″-16″
||7.97 kg / 17.56 lbs
||This bike has a maximum total weight limit (combined weight of bicycle, rider,and cargo) of 36 kg (80 lb).